Summertime hire of the lodge
Your own summer retreat. Available from 1st Nov - 1st June.
Nestled amongst the native alpine surrounds of the Craigieburn Forest Park, our lodge is available for conferences, instructional activities, retreats, weddings, outdoor nature courses and competitive events. It's often used by school or Scout groups, team building for companies, clubs and commercial organisations & private groups. Please note that booking is subject to the availability of our manager, who must be present for health and safety reasons. Due to this we find it is uneconomic to cater to a group of less than 20 people.
We can offer:
- Sleeping for up to 60 people in a mix of high quality bunk rooms (max. 6 person) and private rooms
- Comfortable lodge space capable of seating about 70 people for dining or for conferences / talks with full kitchen / commercial dishwashing facilities
- A bar mezzanine above the lodge space for a maximum of 50 people (a bar person may be available)
- WiFi is available at the lodge, at a cost (Zenbu wireless)
- A large car parking area less than 5 minutes walk from the lodges
- About 1 ½ hours drive from Christchurch (110km)
- Lodge manager to run the buildings and provide limited cleaning after your stay
- A new high alpine day lodge with amazing view and a huge outdoor deck
- Stunning native bush and mountain environment
- Mountain bike and walking tracks
- Mountain streams and caves to explore
If you intend to operate a commercial venture of any nature at Craigieburn, please take the time to look at the Department of Conservation’s concession policy here.