|Group||$25 / hour|
|Private||$50 / hour|
Individual Sessions – Intro to Craigieburn
The intro to Craigieburn lesson is for people new to club field skiing and rope tow use. Come along for a couple of hours at the start of your day and you’ll learn the skills needed to cope in the current off piste conditions, learn where to go on the mountain, and have professional assistance in using our lifts.
These ski sessions are designed to give kids the technical skills needed to cope in off piste conditions. However the emphasis will be on introducing them safely to the thrill of free skiing in a big mountain environment.
- Sign up at the ticket office. First come first serve unless booked in advance.
- 10am to 12pm Saturday/Sunday.
- $40 per person
- Maximum of 6 per group.
- First come first serve unless booked in advance
- Skiers should be able to ride blue runs comfortably
- Rope tow experience is recommended but help will be provided for less experienced users
CV Big Mountain Programme 2012
This is an ongoing coaching programme designed to improve the participants fundamental skiing skills. They will be introduced to a wide range of snow conditions and types of terrain and will work on tactics to deal with different skiing situations. We will also look at line selection in big mountain terrain and how we can use natural features to make the skiing as exciting as possible.
Alongside this we will educate our skiers in the use of avalanche equipment and safe methods to ski the type of terrain we are in. There will be some hiking involved however we will be within the ski area boundary at all times.
- Start date 7th/8th July (Saturday or Sunday) through to 25th/26th August.
- Meet at the day-lodge at 12:30 through to 4:00 at Koroheke
- 5 sessions for $250
- Pay for 5 sessions out of 8 to give flexibility, any extra can be purchased individually
- Sessions run for 3 hours
- We recommend participants have a mid to fat ski 80mm + under foot, avalanche tranciever, shovel, and probe
- Participants should be able to ride all 3 rope tows and ski comfortably on groomed black runs
- Separate intermediate and advanced groups (maximum of 6 per group)
- Kids can come along for a taster during the school holiday week prior to the start of programme. We recomend this for anyone new to using nut cracker rope tows so you can learn before starting lessons.
For further information, or to register interest in attending these sessions, please email email@example.com. Numbers are limited and priority will be given to members first, then to non members on a first come first serve basis.